[X4U] Palm Transport Monitor problem on Max OS X

Sheldon Brown CaptBike at sheldonbrown.com
Tue Jan 2 20:42:07 PST 2007

I've got two Macs, a G5 iMac and a PowerMac Pro laptop.   Both Macs are
running 10.4.8.

I use Bluetooth to synch my Palm OS PDAs.

I can synch my Palm Treo 700 (and my older Sony Clié NZ90) with the
PowerMac no problem, but something has gotten deranged in my G5.   It's
not a synch problem per se, but rather a Palm Transport Manager issue.

I can open Palm Desktop (v 4.2.1) with no problem, my data is all there
from the last time I succeeded in synching to the G5, possibly a couple
of months ago.  The HotSync menu shows the correct PDA name.

However, If I try to open any of the other options on the HotSync menu
(Install Handheld Files, Setup, Conduit Settings, View Log) I get two
error boxes:

One says:

      Unexpected Error #9

The other says:

      Application Launch Failure
     The application "HotSync Manager" could not b e launched because of
a shared library error:
     "O<HotSync Manager><HotSync
Manager><HotSyncLib.PPC><SetConfigureConduitCallBack>"

I've reloaded Palm Desktop repeatedly, but I'm stuck.  I'd really like
to be able to synch to this machine, which is my home machine, as well
as I can to my PowerMac at work.

Sheldon Brown

     Phone 617-244-9772  FAX 617-244-1041
          http://harriscyclery.com
     Hard-to-find parts shipped Worldwide
          http://captainbike.com
  Useful articles about bicycles and cycling
          http://sheldonbrown.com