[X4U] Keyboard language mapping changing "on its own"

Daly Jessup jessup at san.rr.com
Fri Jan 5 05:10:17 PST 2007

At 2:10 PM -0800 4/1/07, Eddie Hargreaves wrote:
>On 1/4/07 5:18 AM, Mark Des Cotes <mark at astroprinting.com> wrote:
>
>>  I had a similar problem once before. Check your System Preferences >
>>  Keyboard & Mouse and see if "Input Menu" is checked. When it's
>>  checked you can change keyboard layouts by pressing Command/Space,
>>  the same keyboard shortcut in Photoshop to get the magnifying glass.
>>  Uncheck it and your problems should go away.
>
>It's actually the International pane that you should check in System
>Preferences (at least in Tiger). Also in Tiger, the Command-Space shortcut
>belongs to Spotlight.

That's interesting. I see in the Mac Help menu that Command-Space is
as you say, for Spotlight. Yet in my International pref pane/Input
Menu, the Input Menu Shortcuts part says:  "Select previous input
source:  CommandSpace" and "Select next input source in menu:
Command-Option-Space".

I have now fixed this in the Keyboard Shortcuts pane, but it's
strange, because I would never have knowingly switched that shortcut.
Does anyone know what might have done it?  I'm sure that the original
poster's shortcut had been changed for him, just as mine was.

Daly