[X4U] buying used macs

Mark Des Cotes mark at astroprinting.com
Tue Jan 9 05:11:38 PST 2007

My last two Macs were refurbished machines bought directly from
Apple. Both were still current models at the time of purchase but I
got them at close to a $800 off the regular price (plus free
shipping). They had full warranties and I was able to purchase an
Apple Care plan for both. They even qualified for two special
promotions Apple was having. At the time they had a promotion going
on that if you purchased any iMac they would throw in 256MB RAM for
free. I asked about the refurbished Macs and they guy said the
promotion was for "any iMac" so I got the free RAM upgrade. They were
also having a promotion where you received a $159 rebate if you
purchased a printer at the same time as a Mac. I picked a $179 Epson
printer from their list which cost me $20.

Mark Des Cotes
Systems Manager/Graphic Designer

Astro Printing Service (Cornwall) Ltd.
3308 Second Street East
Cornwall Ontario Canada  K6H 6J8
T (613) 932-9281 Ext 106,  F (613) 932-1052
www.astroprinting.com