[X4U] dragging files to burn onto disk

Stroller macmonster at myrealbox.com
Tue Jan 9 09:28:26 PST 2007

On 9 Jan 2007, at 17:01, Mark Des Cotes wrote:

> Is there any way to change the behaviour in the Finder so that when
> I drag a file or folder onto a blank CD or DVD it actually copies
> the info instead of creating an Alias? I know I to hold the Option
> key while dragging but sometimes when I'm in a rush old habits
> return and I forget the Option key. Just this morning I burnt a CD
> full of Aliases for a customer that was waiting at the counter.
> What's the point of creating an Alias on a CD or DVD anyway?

Sounds like a bug with your system. I only ever drag & drop files
when burning a CD or DVD, never using the option key. I always see an
icon that looks like an alias (I had to check this, because I never
use aliases) but when I click burn the full files are burned to the
disk correctly (and as one would intuitively expect). No "aliases"
are burned to disk on my 10.4 systems.

Stroller.