[X4U] Quieting the Startup Chime

John McClernan mcclernan1 at comcast.net
Sun Jan 14 18:58:15 PST 2007

The simplest way I know is to insert a 1/8" mini plug into the
headphone port right before booting up. You can get really cheap ones
with no wires attached at electronics stores such as Radio Shack if
you don't have one (or headphones) lying around. Prolly less than a
dollar. That was my solution when my daughter was a baby.
Cheers,
John