[X4U] Combination software problem

Brett George brettgeorge at comcast.net
Sun Jan 14 22:51:07 PST 2007

Oops! I completely forgot to ask what speed your computer is. You're
right about VLC and the 400MHz, it just won't cut it at all. My G4
started out as a G4 too but I found an accelerator card for VERY cheap
and now I'm at 1.33 GHz PowerPC G4/2 MB L3 cache and 1.25 GB SDRAM.
Still not great for video and stuff but it doesn't even compare to when
it was a 400MHz!
So if it's in any way possible, think about an accelerator card for it.
They are dirt cheap any more and a breeze to install. It's well worth
the small expense. I can't believe I waited as long as I did!

I'm thinking that the slow speed MAY be a small part of the problems
you're having too. Most software these days is designed for the more
average computer that is a touch more powerful! Just a thought. Doesn't
help you out now of course.

brett