[X4U] Re: Combination software problem

Earle Jones earle.jones at comcast.net
Tue Jan 16 18:04:43 PST 2007

On Jan 14, 2007, at 11:52 PM, Brett George wrote:

> That reminds me! Thanks George! I use a program from computer
> maintenance that has proven itself invaluable. It's even Freeware!
> It's called Onyx and I believe the latest version is Onyx 1.7.7. It
> does everything from rebuilding permissions to optimizing your disc
> to clearing caches. I've used it for a couple years now. I also use
> DiskWarrior which I can't recommend enough either. TechTool Pro is
> another good one. But for the money, (or lack of), Onyx can't be beat!
>
> brett

*
Brett:  Greetings!

I agree that Onyx is a very useful (and free) software.  I also use
'Cocktail' and 'TinkerTool System' for similar routine maintenance.
Each has its own quirks and its own strengths.

For example, I like to run 'Cocktail' when I am ready to quit working
in the evening.  Cocktail allows you to tell it what to do when it
finishes its work:  Shut Down, Sleep, do Nothing, Log Out, Restart, etc.

All of these are available at 'Version Tracker':

    http://www.versiontracker.com

Version Tracker is itself a very useful piece of software.  Using it,
you can find just about any ShareWare, freeware, or updates to
commercial products.

Good luck!

earle
*