[X4U] Re: Combination software problem

Brett George brettgeorge at comcast.net
Sun Jan 14 23:52:48 PST 2007

That reminds me! Thanks George! I use a program from computer
maintenance that has proven itself invaluable. It's even Freeware! It's
called Onyx and I believe the latest version is Onyx 1.7.7. It does
everything from rebuilding permissions to optimizing your disc to
clearing caches. I've used it for a couple years now. I also use
DiskWarrior which I can't recommend enough either. TechTool Pro is
another good one. But for the money, (or lack of), Onyx can't be beat!

brett

PS. Here is some detailed info on Onyx along with their website.
• OnyX is a maintenance, optimization, and personalization utility for
Mac OS X. It also makes it possible to configure certain hidden
parameters of the Finder, Dock, and Safari, to remove a certain number
of files and folders that may become cumbersome, preview the different
logs and CrashReporter reports, and more.
• OnyX is Freeware, gratis and freely usable; you may copy and
distribute it at will. You can use it for as long a time as you want.
You will find the latest version at my Web site: http://www.titanium.free.fr