[X4U] Most advanced Video Codec WMV?

Daly Jessup jessup at san.rr.com
Wed Jan 17 19:03:27 PST 2007

At 6:53 PM -0800 17/1/07, Eddie Hargreaves wrote:

>I'm not talking about HD content at all, so just forget that. Go to
>http://www.apple.com/trailers/ and watch any non-HD trailer. Does your dual
>G5 drop frames? If so, tell me which trailer. I just tested on this one:
><http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/teenagemutantninjaturtles/trailer2/>

I just watched it and there wasn't any dropping of frames at all. I
don't even have a particularly fancy G5. My video card is a Radeon
something with 128 MB of RAM, which I think is about average these
days, right? I'm running 10.4.8 and the latest QuickTime and Safari.

Daly

Dual 2 GHz G5, 5.5 GB RAM, two 250-GB internal Seagate HDs; Epson FW
scanner, external FW HD enclosure, iSight; USB Dymo printer, Palm
cradle, Wacom graphics tablet, USB card reader; Airport Extreme to
cable modem, Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-111D internal optical drive, OS X
10.4.8, 23" cinema display.