[X4U] ClarisDraw>Inkscape?

nk netkat at comcast.net
Thu Jan 18 09:40:42 PST 2007

couple of ideas for the lister here who is still using Claris Draw..

I wonder if Inkscape would be a good place for you to go? Dunno about
your legacy files, but Inkscape is a very nice draw app with an
innovative approach to drawing relative to Illustrator; some
similarities, but some very well-thought-out alternative approches as
well. Inkscape requires X11, but development of an OS-X-native version
is said to be underway.

Then there are several flavors of Neo Office, 2 of which don't require
X-11, and which have most impressive drawing features, including bezier
curves and some nice "3-D" effects.

maybe by now you've had it up to your eyeballs with helpful
suggestions, but I thought I'd toss those out.

nk