[X4U] Mail Doesn't Work Anymore

Neil_ Pollack lists at mac.com
Thu Jan 18 15:16:27 PST 2007

Here is a message I sent to the Entourage mail list.  It now looks like my problem might be related to Mac O/S X, rather than just Entourage.

I wrote:
	On Wednesday, January 17, 2007, at 09:39PM, "Diane Ross" <diane.ross at comcast.net> wrote:
		On 1/17/07 12:52 PM, "Neil" <lists at mac.com> wrote:

			I used the uninstaller contained in my MS Office 2004 Test Drive folder to
			uninstall v. 2004.  Now, whenever I hit the message reply button in Entourage
			v.X, it quits.  Does anybody know how to fix this?  Thanks in advance.

		The Remove Office tool can remove files that are installed by Microsoft
		Office 98, Microsoft Office 2001 for Mac, and Office v. X, including
		Microsoft shared libraries, such as Microsoft OLE, which might be required
		by other programs. If a program does not start after you use the Remove
		Office tool, try reinstalling the program to fix the problem.

	Thanks, Diane.  I tried that just now.  I used my Office X install disc and it told
	me that I already had all the components it was going to install, so it didn't change
	anything.  Then I launched Entourage and had the same problem, it quits when I
	hit the reply button.  Could this be something else?  Thanks.

OK, I launched Mail for the first time in years now.  The good news that I like it.  The interesting part is that Mail isn?t working either.  Maybe this is related to my new Entourage problem.   Mail app doesn?t quit when I hit the reply button, but it doesn?t open a reply window either.  I hear the sound of a new window, but I never see it.  I even checked behind the mail list window.   The menu command for reply doesn?t work nor does the keyboard equivalent. The new message button doesn?t work, but the menu command for that function does.   I?m stumped.  Does anybody here have a suggestion?  Thanks.

P.S.  I tried to mail this using the Mail app, but the new message window keeps freezing.  I had to send this via .mac?s web mail interface.  I think this in an unrelated issue that I've had for a long time with some Apple apps like Mail, iChat, Text Edit, and Safari.