[X4U] Re: Uninstalling Office 2004 Broke Entourage X --- It Gets Interesting

Test lists at mac.com
Thu Jan 18 16:57:14 PST 2007

On Jan 18, 2007, at 6:38 PM, Bellwether wrote:

> On 1/18/07 4:57 PM, Neil_ Pollack wrote:
>
>> The interesting part is that Mail isn?t working either.  Maybe
>> this is related
>> to my new Entourage problem.
>
> Neil,
>
> Create a New User in OS X, and log in as that user. Try to launch
> Entourage
> (and any other applications you're having problems with). Can you
> successfully open a reply window in the New User? If so, you have a
> problem
> in your normal user.
>
> If that's the case, I can point you back to some messages from Nov/
> Dec that
> directed me to "testing" preferences to locate the one in my user
> that was
> causing trouble for me. (In my case, I couldn't type a capital H in
> Entourage.)

OK, I created a new user account in OS X and I'm sending this message
from the Mail app in that new account.  I was able to hit the reply
button and the reply window popped up just like it should.  :-)
Now, how do I figure out how to fix my regular user account?  Is this
going to be as tedious as finding out which start-up file was causing
system crashes back in the System 7 days?  Ouch, that was ugly!  Thanks,

Neil