[X4U] Re: hijacking threads

Doug McNutt douglist at macnauchtan.com
Fri Jan 19 15:45:05 PST 2007

At 13:30 -0800 1/19/07, nk wrote:
><x-flowed>I hate to be a grumpy gus, but if you post to the list, could you please make a NEW message, rather than by opening a post and hitting "reply?"

For a bit of clarification:

At 13:30 -0800 1/19/07, nk also included these headers:

Your mail client probably does that too even if it doesn't have a capability for organizing relative to the messageID's and their references. It would really be much better if everyone used the references but some important mail clients have their own ideas about how the universe should be organized.

At 16:33 -0600 1/19/07, Linda wrote:
>Someone had better explain Threads versus displaying messages by Subject -- the latter seems to be what more people do than by Threads (in fact, I don't know how to group by Thread in my chosen email reader, so I group by Subject, which ignores Threads).

At 16:33 -0600 1/19/07, Linda wrote, including these headers:

Note the last line and think about those "important mail clients" of which I spoke. RFC2822 and its cousins make interesting reading if you're really interested in the proper way to do things.

--
-->  The greenhouse effect due to water vapor has never been fully modeled and weather forecasting remains irreducibly complex. It is clear that global warming is the act of an Intelligent Designer. <--