[X4U] Re: hijacking threads

Tim Collier timjcollier at mac.com
Sat Jan 20 05:39:38 PST 2007

On Jan 19, 2007, at 5:33 PM, Linda wrote:

> On 1/19/07 4:25 PM, T.L. Miller wrote:
>
>>> If you do hit reply, then delete everything in the reply window
>>> except what you are replying to.
>>
>> Except that still adds the new message to the thread of the old
>> message
>> -- also not good form.
>

> Someone had better explain Threads versus displaying messages by
> Subject --
> the latter seems to be what more people do than by Threads (in
> fact, I don't
> know how to group by Thread in my chosen email reader, so I group by
> Subject, which ignores Threads).

Linda:
Do you use OS X Mail app?  If so and you want to view messages by
threads, click on the View Menu and then select Organize by Thread.
I don't know how you do it in any other mail app because this is the
only one I've ever used.  Sorry, I take that back, I once used
Entourage but didn't like it.

Tim