[X4U] Re: Hijacking threads

Wendy S. Austin wendy_austin at mac.com
Sun Jan 21 09:41:15 PST 2007

> On 21 Jan 2007, at 18:09, Linda wrote:
> (And... STILL no one has explained to the people whose behavior
> sparked the
> thread, WHY what they are doing is considered wrong by some folks...)

Hi Linda

I use Threads.    When someone replies to a question in one Thread
but then simply changes the subject line, it still shows up in the
original subject line Thread, albeit with a different subject
line.    The problem for me is that I will view the first subject
line of the message in the Thread and decide whether to expand the
Thread and read all the messages, or if it does not interest me, I
will delete the whole Thread with all the now unread messages in
it.   Which means the message that has a different subject line, gets
deleted as well and it might be something that I would have wanted to
read or even been able to help the sender with.   Have I confused you
even more?

Kind regards

Wendy Austin

Wendy Austin & Thomas Oswin