[X4U] Time zone System Preferences bug (MacBook Pro/Boot Camp)

Jim Robertson jamesrob at sonic.net
Wed Jan 24 10:27:25 PST 2007

On 1/24/07 5:31 AM, "Jens Selvig" <lstnmt at bresnan.net> wrote:

> Have you tried turning off the auto time setting on the Mac side?  Perhaps
> an Automater task set up to turn Airport Connection on, set  the time and
> then turn the Airport connection off?
>
> Would it be possible for you to use Parallels and not Boot Camp?

Good suggestions.

The problem with Parallels is that it REALLY uses the processor to keep
Windows running and dramatically shortens battery life, so it works much
better for me to boot directly into Windows. Parallels (the company) told me
at Macworld Expo SF that they were aware of that problem and were working on
it. Also, support for USB 2.0 is iffy. Most people have difficulty getting
ActiveSync to work. Of course, Parallels is also working on allowing a
single installation of Windows (installed using Boot Camp) which can then be
"Adopted" by Parallels so that the user can decide whether the current need
for Windows requires maximum performance/battery life/compatibility; i.e.,
boot directly into the Boot Camp partition, or alternatively, simultaneous
access to the Mac OS (have Parallels run the show). That's a pretty
remarkable achievement. They're not quite there yet
(http:forum.parallels.com)

Jim Robertson