[X4U] Re: Flushed

Christopher J Collins maclist at analogdigital.com.au
Wed Jan 24 20:41:07 PST 2007

Hey Randy,

I'm not sure what is available on the Mac, and I don't believe the platform
should denote the quality of the applications.

However, and this is a huge however, here in Australia, we are often quite
limited in the choices we have of special industry software. Soem does not
have local support, some does not work with local conditions, etc.

So while there may be say 50 possible alternatives in the big ole US of A,
chances are that there might be 10% of those that are available and are
supported in Australia.

Which does tend to limit your choices.

How the package was second rate I am not sure, just going on what the staff
were telling me. Now it may also be there Windows bias showing through, but
the Mac does take a sightly different frame of mind to work with
successfully. Some users can adapt easily, other have trouble.

Regards,

Christopher