[X4U] MP3 in iTunes vs. LAME [off-topic]

Craig A. Finseth fin at finseth.com
Thu Jan 25 05:42:22 PST 2007

   As to speaker cables, I meant cables used for speakers in modern kit
   with 'HiFi' on the box rather than proper cables made for speakers. I
   looked at systems in an electrical goods chain store recently and I'd
   rate the cable they used at no more than an amp. The twist tie
   bundling it up was thicker (well, almost).

If you're referring to the type of cord that is used to, for example,
make extension or lamp cords, you'd be surprised at what it can carry.

Allowed load depends on distance, but for room-sized distances, 10-15A
is quite common.  In the US, this is 14-16 Ga.  Because it's stranded,
it can be really good at high frequencies.  I use it routinely for
speaker wire (it's cheap and brown).

Craig