[X4U] [Will Macs run Lenix?

Richard Gilmore rgilmor at uwo.ca
Thu Jan 25 07:49:30 PST 2007

I tried installing Fedora (A Linux Distro) on my old G4 got through the
install process etc...but couldn't get it to actually boot afterwards. I
think the Intels would be easier to install. I read a story that Apple gave
Linus Torvalds a G5 a couple of years ago and he of course ran Linux and
proclaimed that the PPC architecture was the way of the future.

Now does anybody know how to make a Mactel into a dual boot OSX/Linux?
There's a triple boot method I read about that requires Windows and Boot
Camp but I'm not sure about a dual boot.

Any ideas?

On 25/1/07 2:05 AM, "john" <john at MLCE.net> wrote:

>> Not sure what the heck "Lenix" is, but if you're referring to Linux,
>> yes, they run it just fine. As do the PowerPC Macs. Ubuntu is a
>> popular choice these days.
>>
> -patch
>

> Yes, Linux, that's what I meant!  I don't use it, I am a terrible
> speller, and well no other excuses.  Got the proper spelling in the
> dictionary now so may not be a spelling problem in the future (no
> guarantees though).  Thanks for the VERY fast reply.
>
> John Dach

Richard Gilmore
Media Production Centre
Faculty of Education
University of Western Ontario
rgilmor at uwo.ca

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice...
In practice there is - Yogi Berra