[X4U] [Will Macs run Lenix?

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Fri Jan 26 08:43:13 PST 2007

At 11:05 PM -0800 1/24/07, john wrote:

>>On Jan 24, 2007, at 10:40 PM, john wrote:
>>
>>>All you great Mac folks---  Question:  Will the new Intel Macs run Lenix?
>>>

>>Not sure what the heck "Lenix" is, but if you're referring to
>>Linux, yes, they run it just fine. As do the PowerPC Macs. Ubuntu
>>is a popular choice these days.
>>
>-patch
>
>Yes, Linux, that's what I meant!  I don't use it, I am a terrible
>speller, and well no other excuses.  Got the proper spelling in the
>dictionary now so may not be a spelling problem in the future (no
>guarantees though).  Thanks for the VERY fast reply.

Here I thought you'd mistyped asking if Mac's can run Lunix :^)  If
that was the question then you'd first have to find a C-64 emulator.
:^)

My apologies, I simply couldn't resist the bad joke.  Believe it or
not Lunix is a "Unix Clone" for the Commodore 64.

I am curious, what does Linux offer that Mac OS X doesn't?  I've been
running Linux for just over 15 years now, and once I *finally* moved
to Mac OS X, I no longer needed a Linux box for most things.  I do
have a couple systems that run Linux, but I basically never boot into
it.

Zane