[X4U] [Will Macs run Lenix?

john john at MLCE.net
Sat Jan 27 22:08:13 PST 2007

>>>Not sure what the heck "Lenix" is, but if you're referring to
>>>Linux, yes, they run it just fine. As do the PowerPC Macs. Ubuntu
>>>is a popular choice these days.
>>>
>>-patch
>>
>>Yes, Linux, that's what I meant!  I don't use it, I am a terrible
>>speller, and well no other excuses.  Got the proper spelling in the
>>dictionary now so may not be a spelling problem in the future (no
>>guarantees though).  Thanks for the VERY fast reply.
>
>Here I thought you'd mistyped asking if Mac's can run Lunix :^)  If
>that was the question then you'd first have to find a C-64 emulator.
>:^)
>
>My apologies, I simply couldn't resist the bad joke.  Believe it or
>not Lunix is a "Unix Clone" for the Commodore 64.
>
>I am curious, what does Linux offer that Mac OS X doesn't?  I've
>been running Linux for just over 15 years now, and once I *finally*
>moved to Mac OS X, I no longer needed a Linux box for most things.
>I do have a couple systems that run Linux, but I basically never
>boot into it.
>
>Zane

First, thanks to all who have responded to my spelling error
question.  Our son is a programer, right now for a firm that
receives, stores and sends medical scans and x rays.  He is going to
same.  We are Mac folks 100% and feel the Macs are a better system
and better built to name just 2 positive things about them.  Our son
started on Macs but once in college, switched to Windows because all
that he was doing was on that platform.  Now that he has been out in
the real world a few years, there is a lot of work done using Linux
that he is doing and he needs a system to work in Linux, thus the
question.

He will be using this machine (what ever he ends up getting) both for
work in school (Master and maybe higher) as well as at work/home.  So
now you know "The rest of the story!".

Thanks again for the help.

John Dach