[X4U] Advice on cleaning up Entourage Address Book

Randy B.Singer randy at macattorney.com
Sun Jan 28 12:13:38 PST 2007

Jim Robertson said:

>Along the way, my Entourage Address Book has acquired a large number of
>duplicate entries (but not ALL entries are duplicated).
>
>I'd like to embark on the odyssey of cleaning all this up. ...
>Are there any utilities that will find and delete duplicates in any of these
>databases?

Categorize Duplicate Contacts 2.0 is a free script by Allen Watson:
http://scriptbuilders.net/files/categorizeduplicatecontacts2.0.html

It locates duplicate contacts in the Entourage Address Book and marks
them by assigning them to a category of "Duplicate". The user can then
use Address Book filtering (the box at the upper right of Address Book)
to isolate all contacts in Duplicate category and process them as desired.

Merge Two Contacts
http://scriptbuilders.net/files/mergetwocontacts1.0.1.html

or

Merge Contacts
http://scriptbuilders.net/files/mergecontacts4.1.html

should finish up the job nicely.

Randy B. Singer

Co-Author of:
The Macintosh Bible (4th, 5th and 6th editions)

OS X Routine Maintenance
http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html