[X4U] Problems booting into User

Mark Des Cotes mark at astroprinting.com
Mon Jan 29 06:13:51 PST 2007

Hi all,

A co-worker is having a problem with his OS 10.4.8 Mac. When he
reboots, the system only goes so far then stops. Everything goes
smoothly until his blue desktop background shows up and a little icon
for Spotlight appears in the top right of the screen. The Spotlight
icon appears in a small 2cm white menu bar but the rest of the menu
bar isn't there. I did successfully boot into the login window by
holding the shift key. If I choose his account I get the same
problem, but if I choose one of the other two accounts they boot
fine. Once booted into one of the other accounts I can then
successfully switch to his account by using Fast User Switching. If
we switch to his account this way everything seems to work fine. Any
ideas what might be causing this or what I can try?

Mark Des Cotes
Systems Manager/Graphic Designer

Astro Printing Service (Cornwall) Ltd.
3308 Second Street East
Cornwall Ontario Canada  K6H 6J8
T (613) 932-9281 Ext 106,  F (613) 932-1052
www.astroprinting.com