[X4U] Safari using 100% CPU ???

Randy B. Singer randy at macattorney.com
Sat Jul 7 22:25:03 PDT 2007

On Jul 7, 2007, at 10:09 PM, Germain M. wrote:

> Can it be that Safari is a heavy, I mean heavy, consumer of CPU
> power. Example: on Flickr website, organizing your photos (UL to
> groups), Safari uses 100% of CPU according to Activity monitor.
> Beachball running like crazy. Any cues?

Safari might have a corrupted cache.  You might want to use something
like:

YASU (free, donation requested)
http://jimmitchell.org/projects/yasu/

to clear Safari's caches, and its bookmark icons while you are at it,
to see if that helps.

Randy B. Singer

Macintosh OS X Routine Maintenance
http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html