[X4U] Safari using 100% CPU ???

Roger Snyder rogersnyder at pobox.com
Sun Jul 8 07:57:09 PDT 2007

> On Jul 7, 2007, at 10:09 PM, Germain M. wrote:
>
>> Can it be that Safari is a heavy, I mean heavy, consumer of CPU
>> power. Example: on Flickr website, organizing your photos (UL to
>> groups), Safari uses 100% of CPU according to Activity monitor.
>> Beachball running like crazy. Any cues?

    I find any browser can demand a lot of resources, depending on tabs
open, what sites scripts, etc. are open.

    Firefox, particularly with some extensions, is the worse for me. I like
to have a browser open much of the time, but sometimes I juts have to shut
them all down.

    I also have the issue that I tend to have my browsers boot with 12-18
tabs remembered. I have taken to use Shiira, with one or two tabs, as a
quick back up browser. (Not that Shiira is necessarily less processor
intensive, but I have it opening only one tab/window.)

-- Roger

Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.