[X4U] OT: Can we sell stuff on this list?

Stroller macmonster at myrealbox.com
Sun Jul 8 06:50:14 PDT 2007

On 8 Jul 2007, at 04:00, Linda wrote:
> Are we not allowed to sell stuff? That question still hasn't been
> answered.

Indeed not.

> ... What is Listmom's policy?

It's not clear.

The Listmom's (lack of) presence here would seem to indicate that the
list is really moderated by what members consider acceptable & what
members' bitch about.

I personally don't see the occasional for-sale post here as a
problem, but from the replies to Miles' original ad, others clearly
do. Personally I find 5 replies saying "this is spam" to be more
annoying than a single for-sale advert (as long as the list doesn't
degenerate to the extent that we see more for sale posts than helpful

Having said that, Miles' original advertisement was for an APC switch
(whatever that is) so wouldn't seem to be as directly relevant to the
list as a secondhand Lisa or Powerbook. In fact I can see that a G5,
an iSight and iBook/PowerBook car/wall adapters have all been offered
for sale here in the past without eliciting any complaints.

Stroller.