[X4U] OT - need to pop the keybd on an HP

Ronald Steinke ronsteinke at mac.com
Thu Jul 12 12:35:52 PDT 2007

On 12 Jul, 2007, at 10:04 AM, nk wrote:

> I just knocked a glass of water on the desk and some of the water
> sloshed onto the wife's HP Pavillion.
>
> I got busy right away with tissue and blotted up all the water I
> could find, but wonder if I should try to pop the keyboard to
> locate and blot any water that might be under there.
>
> anyone know of a site that shows how to do this?  I am searching
> right now myself, but I think time is key on this issue

The best suggestion I got from the PC tech where I do volunteer work is:

DO NOTHING WITH THAT MACHINE FOR NOW!!!!!!!!

LEAVE IT IN ITS CURRENT POSITION. DO NOT MOVE IT AT ALL.

LET THE WATER EVAPORATE BEFORE DOING ANYTHING ELSE. ALLOW AT LEAST 24
HOURS - POSSIBLY 48 - FOR THE EVAPORATION.

TURN IT OFF AND THEN BACK ON AND WATCH FOR ANY INDICATION OF PROBLEMS.

Leroy said to do this in the order listed above and to not open the
machine unless you are experienced in opening laptops. There are a
lot of very small connections inside the case that can cause trouble
for amateurs or the ignorant (not stupid).