[X4U] RAM Memory - What's the max?

Ed Gould edgould1948 at comcast.net
Fri Jul 20 21:16:27 PDT 2007

To take this off on a slightly different tangent....

I was in my doctors office today and I brought reading material (yea
I know) a MACZONE catalog. I was looking through the server offerings
and was struck that none of the MACS (in the catalog) offered
anything about 32G (max ram). The one or 2 INTEL server machines
offered 128G max ram (although most were 64G).

That got me to wonder as to why Apple doesn't seem to offer 128G (at
least) max ram ?

I have a simple desktop system but use lots of ram and still page
quite a bit. I would like to bump it up to 64G but IIRC the max I can
have is 16. Why does Apple seeming limit the ram on their systems?

Ed