[X4U] Powerbook <> Macbook

Ronald Steinke ronsteinke at mac.com
Mon Jul 30 21:01:21 PDT 2007

On 30 Jul, 2007, at 8:21 AM, Paul Moortgat wrote:

> Why is it only in one way?

Did he try it more than one time with the first configuration?
Sometimes, the operator doesn't startup the machines in the "proper"
order.

Shut down both machines.
Make the FireWire connection.
Start the computer you want to be in Target mode first.
Start the receiving computer second.
View the icon of the Target computer on the screen of the regular
computer.
Do the work you want.
Shut down the Target computer.
Shut down the regular computer.

These are the steps I was informed are the "proper" order for using
Target mode. It works for me this way every time I use Target mode
with any Mac capable of that mode. I am not saying that this is the
"ONLY" way to get into Target, just the way that I was told to use.