[X4U] Powerbook <> Macbook

Ray Choiniere rfcee at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 30 21:26:46 PDT 2007

On Jul 30, 2007, at 9:01 PM, Ronald Steinke wrote:

> Did he try it more than one time with the first configuration?
> Sometimes, the operator doesn't startup the machines in the
> "proper" order.
>
> Shut down both machines.
> Make the FireWire connection.
> Start the computer you want to be in Target mode first.
> Start the receiving computer second.
> View the icon of the Target computer on the screen of the regular
> computer.
> Do the work you want.
> Shut down the Target computer.
> Shut down the regular computer.
>
> These are the steps I was informed are the "proper" order for using
> Target mode. It works for me this way every time I use Target mode
> with any Mac capable of that mode. I am not saying that this is the
> "ONLY" way to get into Target, just the way that I was told to use.

I'm curious: May I conclude that it is not necessary or desirable to
"Eject" the Target computer before shutting it down? That's what I
always do, though I no longer have any idea where I came up with the
notion that it was important. I wonder now if it's been an
unnecessary step for me to take.

Thanks;
Ray