[X4U] Parallels 3.0 hijacked application defaults

Robert A. Virzi bob.virzi at verizon.com
Fri Jun 8 09:54:06 PDT 2007

Generally, I love Parallels, and version 3.0 has some very nice
features that let me run the occasional windows programs I need on my
mac.  So I am generally a happy customer.

However, I just installed 3.0, and ran in coherence mode.  Now on the
Mac OS side, all the default applications have been switched to
Windows apps.  So if I click on an excel file, Windows Excel seems to
be the default.  How do I go back to making the Mac apps be the
defaults for opening the files associated with them?
     -Bob