[X4U] Parallels 3.0 hijacked application defaults

Randy B. Singer randy at macattorney.com
Fri Jun 8 10:02:41 PDT 2007

On Jun 8, 2007, at 9:54 AM, Robert A. Virzi wrote:

> Generally, I love Parallels, and version 3.0 has some very nice
> features that let me run the occasional windows programs I need on
> my mac.  So I am generally a happy customer.
>
> However, I just installed 3.0, and ran in coherence mode.  Now on
> the Mac OS side, all the default applications have been switched to
> Windows apps.  So if I click on an excel file, Windows Excel seems
> to be the default.  How do I go back to making the Mac apps be the
> defaults for opening the files associated with them?

Thank goodness I haven't had this problem with Parallels!

Parallels comes with unlimited free tech support via e-mail, so I
suggest that you contact them with this question:

http://www.parallels.com/support/request/

Randy B. Singer

Macintosh OS X Routine Maintenance
http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html