[X4U] Parallels 3.0 hijacked application defaults

Judi Sohn momathome at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 10:34:17 PDT 2007

As much as I love Parallels, their tech support hasn't been quite up
to snuff. Let's hope it has improved in the last few months. Anyway, I
had a similar issue and I fixed it by right/control click on the file
and change the "Open with" to the correct application, then click the
button to "Change All." You only have to do that once for each type of
file that got messed up.

I'm a little annoyed that if you use the preference to set web
defaults, it automatically assumes Safari/Mail! I use
Firefox/Thunderbird and it's a pain to have Safari launch from a click
on the Windows side instead of my OS X default. Makes no sense.