[X4U] Upon boot-up FPMonitor suddenly has black line running horizontally across screen.

Linda XPressoBean at mac.com
Mon Jun 11 09:24:17 PDT 2007

On 6/11/07 11:09 AM, Michael W. Smith wrote:

> I have rebooted, run permissions repair, checked the monitor display
> resolution, checked the monitor's setting via the controls on that, and
> rebooted the monitor only - can't think of anything else to do up front.
> Any thoughts?  I would appreciate the shared wisdom of anyone who has a fix
> or similar experience that would tell me the next step.  Thanks much.

Unplug and replug the monitor from the computer -- both ends of the data
cord if your monitor's cord isn't "hardwired" at the monitor.

That probably won't fix it, but it's worth a shot. I had a similar problem
with a turquoise Apple 15" flat panel, one of Apple's first LCDs ever, and
the only fix was to send it in for repair (or replacement, their
discretion). If your Samsung is less than a year old, I would hope it is
under warranty too. Call 'em up.