[X4U] G3 Last Ship Date?

Linda XPressoBean at mac.com
Fri Jun 15 10:15:40 PDT 2007

On 6/15/07 10:51 AM, Robert A. (Bob) Hall wrote:

> I have a  G4/450AGP tower and G3/450 Pismo Laptop both run perfectly on
> 10.4.9.

My laptop runs "perfectly" with 10.4.9. If you read what I wrote, it's not
the OS that's lagging in the 'real world' -- it's the specs of the computers
that will run the current OS. My 1GHz 17" PowerBook, maxxed out at 1GB RAM,
won't play video on ABC.com with their new player (played fine with the
"old" player they had available until about a month ago). It's not a
limition of Mac OS, it's a limitation of hardware -- my dual 2.0GHz G5 with
2.5GB RAM plays ABC.com fine. BUT, a Mac user in my situation would take her
"perfectly running" PowerBook to the Genius Bar and complain about not being
able to watch the video, and expect Apple to fix it -- and Apple can't,
because it's not a Mac OS issue. At some point, to get along in the "real
world", Apple has to encourage its  users to upgrade their hardware, and one
way to do so is by dropping software support for older computers.

Can you go to ABC.com with your G3/450 and watch a TV show without
stuttering and stalls?