[X4U] G3 Last Ship Date?

Daly Jessup jessup at san.rr.com
Thu Jun 14 18:45:46 PDT 2007

At 12:38 PM -0700 6/14/07, Zane H. Healy wrote:
>I just noticed that www.osnews.com is reporting that support for G3 based
>systems will be dropped from 10.5.  This seems a little odd to me, when was
>the last ship date for G3 based systems?  If this is in fact true, then I
>think the last G3 models will be the quickest Mac's to have support dropped
>ever.

I don't know. The most recent G3s I can find in MacTracker stopped
shipping in 1999, eight years ago.
Besides, just because the latest operating system won't run on a G3
doesn't automatically mean Apple isn't supporting G3s. I haven't seen
a word about dropping support for G3s. You just can't run the latest
OS. But the last OS has been pretty great anyway.

Daly