[X4U] G3 Last Ship Date?

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Fri Jun 15 10:41:07 PDT 2007

> Whoops;
> 	sent before thinking; I've a rev0 G4/450 AGP [Sawtooth, AGP
> Graphics]; if you have the rev0 G4/450 PCI [Yikes, PCI Graphics] you
> can only get a 1 GHz upgrade [using one of these at work] .
>
> Zane;
> 	I've a rev 0 G4/450 with a GigaDesigns upgrade CPU [over clocked to
> 1.1 GHz] that works great.
>
> Russell

I've got the Rev.0 G4/450AGP, I belive the Rev.0 PCI G4 was originally
either a 350 or 400Mhz.  I wasn't aware they'd gotten any CPU upgrades
working with the Rev.0 G4's, or is it just the very first Rev.0's that
wouldn't work?

Are there any OS limitations?  I might actually be interested if I can run
8.6 (like I'd said, my system is so old it came with the G4 specific version
of 8.6).  Most likely my only use for the G4/450 is to run some Classic apps
once I move to an Intel-based Mac.  Either that or for kids gmes.

Zane