[X4U] Inadvertent Double Clicks

Tim Collier timjcollier at mac.com
Fri Jun 22 02:43:11 PDT 2007

On Jun 21, 2007, at 10:00 PM, Daly Jessup wrote:

> At 7:13 AM -0700 6/21/07, ..lj wrote:
>
>> I've been using Macs for 20 years. (Mac Plus to a 24" iMac).
>> However I would never use a Mouse with a Apple Logo. I will never
>> figure out why they can do computers so right and mouses so wrong.
>> My last computer came with a wireless Mighty Mouse, but it insists
>> that I only use 1 finger. I've always used 2 fingers for the left
>> and right mouse buttons. The Mighty Mouse doesn't like to work
>> that way.
>
> There is no problem doing that with a Mighty Mouse. Perhaps you
> were putting your two fingers too close to the center, where "left"
> becomes "right"?
>
> Daly
> ----------------------

I was a PC user from 1984 to 2001 and used various versions of 2
button mice, 3 button mice, mice with scroll-wheels, trackballs, name
it and I used it.  Over all of those years, the pain that I used to
feel in my right arm after several hours of heavy usage would become
intense.  The tip of my right index finger is actually deformed after
all of those years of left clicking (I could show you pictures).
When I switched over to the Mac in 2001 and started using a single
button mouse, I was EXTREMELY pleased with how it felt and worked.
The pain that I used to experience was gone.  Control clicking to
simulate a right click became second nature.
When I saw the mighty mouse release, I was a bit hesitant to even try
it.  But when I bought my Mac Pro, the mighty mouse came with it and
I figured I'd give it a try.  After a few days use, I really came to
like it.  Apple's design is (this man's opinion) perfect.  It still
has the feel of the single button mouse but you can right click with
it too and it doesn't have the feel of the old PC mice that I used to
use.  The scroll wheel on the top is nice too.  I've been using it
for the past 7 months now and still no re-occurrence of the old arm
problem.  Mighty Mouse gets my vote.

--
Tim Collier
MacBook Pro 2.33 gig