[X4U] unable to share avi files through iTunes

Hector Luna polonius19 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 09:42:06 PDT 2007

I used the Movie2iTunes droplet to add reference files to iTunes for
a bunch of avi files that i have. I have the proper codecs to view
the files inside of quicktime and can access the files via Frontrow.
What I'm unable to do is to share the files out via iTunes. I've
tried from an intel iMac as well was my Macbook Pro, both of which
have the necessary codecs. The host for the files is a Mac Mini. I
have some mov files that can be accessed by the other remote systems,
just not the avi files.

I haven't tried to access the files from inside of iTunes on the
remote systems, I suppose this is something I can try when I get
home. I've been trying to access via Frontrow on the other systems.

Does anyone have any ideas?