[X4U] G3 in endless loop of inaction

Russell McGaha RussellMcGaha at mac.com
Sat Jun 30 17:03:07 PDT 2007

If it is a Rev 1 B&W; they are notorious for having boot trouble
after running OS X [especially after a G4 upgrade].  When this
happens to the one I've been 'blessed' with [has happened several
times]; what I find works is: [may take several repetitions] zap PRAM
[three bongs], test, hard reset, test, remove second HD if present
[check for proper jumpers], test, re-seat all ram and PCI cards,
test, ... lather, rinse, repeat in vary combinations till
success. :)   NOT for the impatient.