[X4U] Change where Spotlight Searches"

Earle Jones earle.jones at comcast.net
Fri Mar 2 16:46:32 PST 2007

On Mar 2, 2007, at 2:09 PM, Lee Licata wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> Have a G4 PB, System 10.4.8, and all up to date.
>
> Is there a way to change where Spotlight searches. It now searches
> "computer" and I really want the default to be "home."

*
For anyone who uses 'Spotlight', I would strongly recommend that you
change to 'Notlight' (v. 1.4) which has a much better and more
intuitive graphic front end.  (It uses the same Spotlight kernel and

You can search a single file, a folder, a group of folders, a volume,
or an entire disk or group of disks.

Go to:

for more info and a free download.

earle