[X4U] Ram upgrade for iMac G5

Neil lists at mac.com
Thu Mar 8 14:34:25 PST 2007

On Mar 8, 2007, at 2:46 PM, Mark Des Cotes wrote:

> With such a wide price variance for the same thing, I'm wondering
> if there's something I should be watching out for with the lower
> priced ones?

I remember one Mac O/S upgrade that had problems with some cheap
ram.  A lot of people had to pull the ram out and throw it away (or
try to dump it on eBay).   I try to stick to name brand ram, like
Crucial.  Their prices are reasonable even from their own web site,
so you are sure you are getting the real deal.   Having said that, I
have cheap ram in my current Mac that was bundled in the purchase
price of the system.  I haven't had any problems at all as far as I
know.