[X4U] Run Classic OS Apps On Intel-Macs!

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Wed May 2 14:03:34 PDT 2007

Randy B. Singer wrote:
> On May 2, 2007, at 12:32 PM, Wayne Wilkin wrote:
>
> > From what I understand it will only run up to OS 9.04!
>
> Correct.
>
> And the version that I referred you to comes with a version of OS 7.
> But that should be good enough for most old applications.
>
> Later versions of the Mac OS were not free, but if you have a newer
> version of the Mac OS (e.g. 9.04) go ahead and install it instead.

It is worth mentioning that this is of interest to those of us with PPC
based Mac's as well.  I've got a few applications I'd like to run that won't
run on newer versions of Mac OS.

So far I've only tested it with a recent verison of the classic OS, however,
the one application I still use Classic for actually ran better than it did
under Classic!  This was on a G5 2x2.

		Zane