[X4U] Run Classic OS Apps On Intel-Macs!

Tim Collier timjcollier at mac.com
Wed May 2 14:47:31 PDT 2007

I actually played around with this SheepShaver application on my Mac
Pro and I'll be damned it I could get it to work.  If you REALLY need
to run an OS 9 application just buy a used G3 or G3 iMac (that's what
I did).  Far fewer headaches.  Sometimes these people come out this
these "wonderful" programs that claim to do all kinds of wonderful
things.....and then it turns out it's more trouble than it's worth.
That is my assessment of SheepShaver.  More trouble than it's worth.
For that matter, if your REALLY still need to run OS 9 applications,
why would anybody in their right mind buy an Intel Mac KNOWING that
it won't run it?  It just doesn't make any sense.

Tim
On May 2, 2007, at 3:12 PM, Randy B. Singer wrote:

> SheepShaver is a free open source application that will allow you
> to run old classic Mac OS applications on an Intel-based Macintosh.
>
> I would like to bring to everyone's attention that there is
> currently a full automated installer for SheepShaver available for
> download from Version Tracker:
>
> http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/32391
>
> This installer includes a copy of the Apple ROM and the Apple OS,
> as well as full instructions.  SheepShaver works well, but it can
> be a pain to get all of the required components together and
> install them.  This package makes installation dead easy, and it is
> FREE.
>
> I don't expect this installer to be available for long, because it
> runs afoul of Apple's licensing for redistributing Apple software.
> So, get it while it's available if you want it.

> Randy B. Singer
> Co-author of The Macintosh Bible (4th, 5th, and 6th editions)
>
> Macintosh OS X Routine Maintenance
> http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html

> stuff:

Tim Collier