[X4U] Run Classic OS Apps On Intel-Macs!

Randy B. Singer randy at macattorney.com
Wed May 2 16:28:53 PDT 2007

On May 2, 2007, at 2:47 PM, Tim Collier wrote:

> I actually played around with this SheepShaver application on my
> Mac Pro and I'll be damned it I could get it to work.  If you
> REALLY need to run an OS 9 application just buy a used G3 or G3
> iMac (that's what I did).  Far fewer headaches.  Sometimes these
> people come out this these "wonderful" programs that claim to do
> all kinds of wonderful things.....and then it turns out it's more
> trouble than it's worth.  That is my assessment of SheepShaver.
> More trouble than it's worth.

FWIW, I've heard from a bunch of people who have used the installer
that I referenced to easily install SheepShaver, and they have had no
trouble getting it to work and work well.

> For that matter, if your REALLY still need to run OS 9
> applications, why would anybody in their right mind buy an Intel
> Mac KNOWING that it won't run it?  It just doesn't make any sense.

It makes plenty of sense.  Few people want to have to use two
computers to run all of their programs.  Some folks want the latest
computer with the ability to run the latest software,  but they may
have one mission-critical application that isn't available for OS X.
For instance WordPerfect/Mac.  WP/Mac runs great under SheepShaver.
In fact, it is included in the download of SheepShaver that I
referenced.

Randy B. Singer

Macintosh OS X Routine Maintenance
http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html