[X4U] Vista Home Basic With Parallels

Daly Jessup jessup at san.rr.com
Wed May 2 18:18:43 PDT 2007

At 9:10 PM -0400 5/2/07, Tim Collier wrote:

>I have Vista Home Ultimate on the Mac Pro with McAffee AV running on
>it and IT can't even network with the one running Norton.
>It's been years since I seriously used a PC but how the average PC
>user shares files is beyond this simple Mac user.
>Mac networking is easy, PC networking is not....or at least not to me.
>Finally, I just mention this to illustrate my point above, before I
>switched over to the Mac, I was MCSE certified, but I haven't kept
>up with anything since 2000, so too much has changed.  I'll stick to
>a Mac, thank you.

Me, too. I love my Mac. But file sharing between Mac and Windows is
easy. You just make a Shared Folder on the PC and use the IP address
of a Mac to Map its drive, or whatever. I don't even remember what
you do, but it's easy. In about one hour (obviously) knowing nothing,
I got a network working all ways, between Macs between Macs and a
Windows machine, and even between Windows in Parallels on the Mac to
the real Windows machine and to the Macs on the network.

I suspect your problem is more the Norton than the PC.  Maybe you
have it buttoned down one step too tightly?

Daly