[X4U] Beach Ball

Michael Elliott michaelelliott at mac.com
Mon May 7 16:45:15 PDT 2007

Ralph,

I would check the logs in Console.app and see if there are any
repetitive calls being made related to USB devices. This will usually
be in the System.log if I remember correctly.  If you DO see that,
try disconnecting the offending USB peripheral and see if that fixes
the sluggishness problem.

I had a scanner once that went flaky.  The symptoms were nearly as
you described... sluggish behavior  with no apparent reason.  Looking
in the logs showed connection errors for this device occurring every
second, constantly.

Michael