[X4U] Acrobat PDF presentation example [TAN]

Anne-Marie Concepcion mylists at senecadesign.com
Wed May 9 09:08:09 PDT 2007

>I'm teaching a class tonight on using Acrobat as a presentation tool and
>would like to provide the students with a sample PDF with some excellent
>presentation features in it (navigation/movies/sound etc.).

too late now I know, but imo the best examples I've seen of
interactive PDFs were the semiannual (quarterly?) gX magazine issues
that unfortunately stopped publishing in 2005:
http://www.gxo.com/

Scroll down and at the bottom of the left sidebar you'll see archives
of the issues. Be sure to download the "rich media" ones; they
contain the embedded QT movies, SWF files and such.

But even the smaller versions contain innovative navigation/TOCs.

I use Acrobat for all my presentations (author in ID first, then add
interactivity in Acro). What Acro needs is a way to create builds,
though. I have to do these manually in ID with multiple duped pages,
each with an additional bullet. yuck.

AM
PS Brett we're on the same two listservs!
--
Anne-Marie "HerGeekness" Concepcion, Fearless Leader

DesignGeek Central: Tips and Tricks for the Digital Designer
http://www.senecadesign.com/designgeek/