[X4U] Acrobat PDF presentation example [TAN]

Brett Conlon brett.conlon at sonydadc.com
Wed May 9 19:16:30 PDT 2007

Just had a look at one of them and they are excellent examples of
multimedia PDF files... unfortunately they have locked down security so
the students will be unable to select items and see what settings they
used - Bummer dude!!!

Anyway, these should get the juices flowing!

I'd still be happy to find other non-locked-down examples if anyone has
any.

Cheers,

Coj

ps. yes, theres a few of us in the X4U list also.

Anne-Marie Concepcion <mylists at senecadesign.com>
Sent by: x4u-bounces at listserver.themacintoshguy.com
10/05/07 02:08 AM
Please respond to
"A place to discuss Mac OS X for the casual user."
<x4u at listserver.themacintoshguy.com>

<x4u at listserver.themacintoshguy.com>, quarkxpress at listserv.siclist.org
cc

Subject
Re: [X4U] Acrobat PDF presentation example [TAN]

>I'm teaching a class tonight on using Acrobat as a presentation tool and
>would like to provide the students with a sample PDF with some excellent
>presentation features in it (navigation/movies/sound etc.).

too late now I know, but imo the best examples I've seen of
interactive PDFs were the semiannual (quarterly?) gX magazine issues
that unfortunately stopped publishing in 2005:
http://www.gxo.com/

Scroll down and at the bottom of the left sidebar you'll see archives
of the issues. Be sure to download the "rich media" ones; they
contain the embedded QT movies, SWF files and such.

But even the smaller versions contain innovative navigation/TOCs.

I use Acrobat for all my presentations (author in ID first, then add
interactivity in Acro). What Acro needs is a way to create builds,
though. I have to do these manually in ID with multiple duped pages,
each with an additional bullet. yuck.

AM
PS Brett we're on the same two listservs!