[X4U] Setting up an old computer with OS X

Robert Ameeti robert at ameeti.net
Sun May 13 15:16:29 PDT 2007

I'm resurrecting an old Blue & White G3 computer and am wondering
what are the items that others find it wise to do when configuring a
new (old) computer from scratch.

After downloading all the updates from Apple for the latest OS, I
then downloaded Monolingual do remove the un-needed language
resources and gained back some hard drive space.

Then I downloaded AppleJack to assist me if it should not start up
properly in the future.

What other items should I add to have a clean, efficient working
computer ignoring the obvious applications issues but not wanting to
ignore important utilities that I would want to have pre-installed.

I am going to use this computer as a remote server so one of the apps
that I will be loading is Timbuktu.

--

Robert Ameeti

It's always easy to see both sides of an issue we are not particularly concerned about.